Double pie crust for a 9 - 10″- inch pie dish
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of milk
3 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
dash of pepper
1 pkg (12 ounces) of loose pack hash -browned potatoes thawed.
1/4 cup grated cheese
1/2 Tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Grease and line your pie dish with the bottom crust.
- Combine meat, milk, soup mix and pepper in a bowl,
- Mix gently to combine,
- Lightly pat into the pastry lined plate.
- Take one sheet of American cheese, cut it into strips and place on top of the meat, or if using grated cheese, sprinkle half over the meat.
- Top with hash browns, then another slice of American cheese, or remaining grated cheese on top of potatoes.
- Place the top crust on top of potatoes and cheese, seal and flute the edge.
- Make a few slits with a sharp knife in the pastry top to allow steam to escape when cooking.
- Brush with melted butter lightly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until browned.