Pie crust recipe yielding two crusts for a 9 inch pie ...or
1 (15 ounce) package pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
5 cups,sliced,peeled fresh peaches
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degree
- Blanche your peaches in boiling water 45-60 seconds and the skin will peel off easily and slice.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced peaches and lemon juice, gently toss together.
- Place the sliced peaches in a colander to drain.
- Don’t skip this step, this eliminates some of the juice so your pie won’t be soupy after it’s cut.
- Drain peaches about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place drained peaches in a large bowl.
- Place one homemade or pre-made pie crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Brush the pie crust (bottom and sides) with a little of the beaten egg.
- Keep the rest of the beaten egg to brush on the top crust.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour,cornstarch,sugars,cinnamon and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the flour mixture over the drained peaches and gently fold them together.
- Pour peaches into the bottom pie crust and dot with butter.
- Place the top crust over the peaches and flute edges.
- Brush with the rest of the beaten egg and cut 4 slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- You can sprinkle sugar on top of the crust for decoration if you like.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, so there’s no chance of spills in the oven.
- Bake the pie at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes until crust is brown and juices bubble up through the slits.
- If your pie edges brown to quickly, cover the edges with strips of aluminum foil and continue baking.