2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
½ cup butter
1/3 cup milk
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet
- Bake 9- 10 minutes, pull out pan and add 6-8 miniature marshmallows to each cookie
- Put back in the oven for 1 more minute.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle 1 tablespoon or more of pecans onto the marshmallows
- Press these in, gently!
- Set aside and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Once cool remove and make frosting.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add powder sugar and vanilla, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine first 3 ingredients and heat over medium heat
- Stir constantly, about 3-4 minutes or until butter melts.
- Remove from heat, and pour into powdered sugar and vanilla
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle large amounts of frosting on each cookie, about 1- 1 ½ tablespoons.
- Dress all the cookies and if there is extra frosting, add more too each one.
- Let frosting cool and harden before serving.