1- 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
1 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1- 10 oz bag chocolate chips (or cinnamon chips)
1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine pumpkin, applesauce, egg whites and brown sugar
- In a small bowl combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir chocolate (cinnamon) chips and walnuts into batter
- Pour batter into a greased 13X9 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.