Saturday 28 November 2015

Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake

A lovely cake...whose flavours bring back lots of memories. Thank you Rose Chintz Cottage


2-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup molasses

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Generously grease and flour a tube pan. 
  • Combine all the above ingredients and blend at low speed until moistened. 
  • Beat three minutes at medium speed. 
  • Pour into pan and bake 45-55 minutes. 
  • Enjoy with whipped cream, apple sauce or lemon sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your cooking blog. I remember my mom baking a cake similar to this when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed scrolling through your wonderful recipes. I have to say gingerbread is a favorite this time of year. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete