Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Gradually, stir in the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce. Makes approximately 1-1½ cups
Fresh strawberries are easy to make into a delicious pie filling. Thank you Inside BruCrew Life
5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup water
1/4 cup strawberry jello powder
- Stir together the strawberries and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the sugar and cornstarch into the water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the strawberries and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Jello powder.
- Let cool.
- Makes 4 cups pie filling.
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 5 days.