Rich pumpkin and ginger flavors combine to make a tasty autumn indulgence. Thank you Organic Life
1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
2 lg eggs
1 lg egg white
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat 9" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Whisk eggs, egg white, oil, molasses, and sugar in medium bowl.
- Whisk in pumpkin.
- Fold into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until gingerbread starts to pull away from pan sides and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack (may also be served warm).
- Garnish with sliced crystallized ginger if desired.