kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly (or has reached an internal temp of 165°F).
- Meanwile in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until tomatoes skin starts to soften/wrinkle, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Set aside.
- Once chicken has reached desired doneness,
- Top the tops of each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella.
- Pour tomato mixture on top.
- Cover pan with lid once more and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with a splash of Balsamic!!