2¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
1¼ cup milk
½ cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, not a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, ricotta, pumpkin puree, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Batter should be a bit lumpy, do not over mix.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the batter OR sprinkle them on to the cooking pancakes.
- Spray griddle or large pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
- Use a ½ cup measuring cup to pour batter onto cooking surface.
- Cook for 1½ - 2 minutes until edges start to bubble
- Flip and cook the other side for about a minute until side is golden brown.
- Remove from pan, top with butter and syrup and whipped cream!