1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
4 large eggs
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. container cool whip
or one batch of homemade whipped cream
chocolate syrup or homemade chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a 9"X13" glass baking pan... too much grease and the cake mix wont stay up
- For the Eclair Crust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in flour.
- Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg.
- Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Mixture will be very wet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Check it occasionally-you don't want to overcook the crust
- Remove from oven and let cool (don't touch or push bubbles down).
- For the Filling: Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl make vanilla pudding by beating the pudding mix and the milk for 3 minutes and put in the fridge until set.
- Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge.
- When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling in.
- Top with layer of cool whip however thick you want it and serve with a drizzle chocolate syrup.