1/4 cup melted butter
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese , softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (8 oz) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Line a 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- With your fingers press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Set aside while making the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer , add the cream cheese and sugar.
- With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth.
- Carefully, spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Top each bar with whipped cream and a dust of pumpkin pie spice.