1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups chocolate chips
3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the baking powder, salt, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add to the butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot bars.
- Cover the chocolate chips with the marshmallows.
- Return to the oven and bake another 2 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- You just want the marshmallows to start turning golden, so do not over broil them.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Use a wet knife to cut the bars into 24 squares.
- Rewet the knife in between each cut.
- The water on the knife keeps the marshmallow from sticking.
- Store in a sealed container.
- Makes 24 bars.