1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 jar (48 ounces) Great Northern Beans
2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
4 cups chicken broth
8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute celery, onion and green pepper until translucent.
- In stockpot or crockpot, combine chicken, beans, cumin, salsa and chicken broth.
- Stir in celery mixture.
- Simmer uncovered in stockpot for about an hour stirring occasionally, or in crockpot for 6 hours on low.
- About 5 minutes before serving, stir in cheese and allow to melt.