5-6 C. Kellogg's Rice Krispies
1 10.5 oz package of Peppermint Marshmallows
4 tbs. butter
4 oz. chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts, any brand (white chocolate looks pretty too)
5 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and peppermint marshmallows on low heat stirring frequently until melted.
- Once they have completely melted, pour in the Rice Krispie cereal
- Stir well coating all the Rice Krispies.
- Quickly pour the mixture in the baking dish and press down evenly.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a small microwave safe dish
- Heat in 20 second increments, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool a few minutes.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and snip the corner of the baggie
- Gently squeeze the chocolate out of the sandwich bag over the Rice Krispie treats.
- It doesn't have to be perfect
- Lastly sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- They will stick on top of the melted chocolate.
- Cut evenly into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.