1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
decorator sugar for dusting
2 tablespoons melted butter
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in sugar and vanilla, beat again until incorporated.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Separate dough into 6 equal parts.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up dough.
- Remove dough from refrigerator
- Roll out each section of dough to about 8 inches in diameter,
- Place on wax paper on a plate using wax paper to separate disks.
- Place back in refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Working with one disk at a time, Brush with melted butter,
- Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over entire surface and then 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Cut into 8 wedges using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter works best.
- Roll each wedge up starting with the wide end, into a croissant shape.
- Place cookies on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Beat egg white and water to create an egg wash.
- Brush tops of cookies with egg wash then sprinkle with decorator sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes just until golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before placing on racks to cool completely.