¾ cup long grain rice
1½ cups water
1½ cups International Delight Nog
⅛ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar substitute, such as Truvia (or 4 Tbsp. sugar)
½ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
⅓ cup raisins
½ tsp. vanilla cinnamon & nutmeg, for serving
- In a saucepan, heat 1½ cups water to boiling.
- Add in rice.
- Cover and cook on low for about 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Measure out 1½ cups of the cooked rice and place it in another clean saucepan.
- Add in the eggnog, sugar and salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes on medium-low heat, or until the mixture is creamy and thickened.
- Add milk, beaten egg and raisins.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently (this is important because the egg will cook in the mixture and you don't want that!) until creamy.
- Take off heat and add in vanilla.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg.