8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter
⅓ cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 large eggs
⅔ cup sugar
2 cups chopped nuts: such as walnuts, pecans or toasted almonds
2 cookie sheet pans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line the sheet pans with foil and set aside.
- Melt half of the DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the remaining chocolate and set aside.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat for 1 minute.
- Fold in the remaining chopped DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet pans.