- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, and oil.
- Set aside.
- Add bananas, eggs, milk, salt, and baking soda to a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour half the banana mixture into the sugar mixture with the all purpose flour.
- Stir until just incorporated, then add the remaining banana mixture and the whole wheat flour.
- Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in shredded coconut, almonds, and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing loaf from pan.
- For the dark chocolate drizzle, melt a handful or so of dark chocolate in the microwave for about 45 seconds at 50% power.
- Scoop into a small ziploc bag, snip off the corner, and drizzle on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and coconut if desired
Monday, 18 January 2016
Almond Joy Banana Bread
I love Almond Joy...they are just like the British Bounty...but with the extra nut on top. Add the taste of banana and you have a perfect combination. Yum! Thank you Happy Food Healthy Life