2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up into 1-inch bite-sized pieces
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
6 ounce bag fresh spinach, chopped
2 24 ounce jars Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Boil pasta for 2 minutes less than what is directed on package.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Working in batches, coat the chicken pieces in egg and then coat completely in the bread/cheese mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place half the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Continue process with remaining chicken, adding remaining olive oil to the skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chopped spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add both jars of pasta sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix to coat.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes.