1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, Melted
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1 pinch Sea Salt
2 cups Milk
3 whole Egg Yolks, Whisked
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
16 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
4 whole Bananas, Sliced
For Serving: Whip Cream and Additional Sliced Banana
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar, mix until well combined.
- Drizzle in melted butter and mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, cool completely.
- To make Vanilla Pudding: In a large saucepan whisk together 2/3 cup granulated sugar with flour and salt until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in milk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer while stirring over medium heat.
- Cook until thickened.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups of milk mixture into the egg yolks.
- Add egg yolks back to the pan and continue to stir while returning mixture to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened and the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add pudding mixture to cream cheese and mix until well combined, scraping sides of bowl well.
- Cover bottom of graham cracker crust with 1/3 banana pudding cheesecake mixture.
- Add sliced bananas and cover with remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until cold or overnight.
- Serve with whip cream and additional sliced banana.